Dutch semiconductor supplier ASM International on Wednesday reported first-quarter revenue of 249 million euros ($278.5 million) and an order intake of 235 million euros, both exceeding its own expectations.
Source: Reuters LINK
In the 1Q/2019 Investor presentation (LINK) ASMI reports a strong long term growth prospects:
- ALD market expected to be a key growth market, ASMI has leadership position in ALD
- Driving structurally higher sales in the other product lines
- Solid momentum in the first part of 2019 driven by ASMI’s strong position in logic/foundry
- ASMI has strongest position in logic/foundry.
- Logic/foundry ALD market more than doubled from 14nm/16nm to 7nm
- ALD continued to account for more than half of ASM’s equipment revenue in 2018
- Strong focus on increasing our addressable market within single wafer ALD
- The CAGR of the single wafer ALD segment is expected to be the highest within the deposition equipment market in the next years
- ASMI expect the single wafer ALD market to reach a size of approx. US$1.5 billion by ‘20-’21
- Focus on expanding their addressable market within the single wafer ALD space
- ASMI outperformed WFE in 2018 and expects to outperform WFE in 2019
- Launch of new XP8 QCM tool in January 2019, offering substantial improvement in productivity for advanced applications. The XP8 QCM is already in high-volume manufacturing at multiple customers