Saturday, March 16, 2019

Aixtron full-year revenue up 40% organically to €268.8m

[Semiconductor Today] For fourth-quarter 2018, deposition equipment maker Aixtron SE of Herzogenrath, near Aachen, Germany has reported revenue of €87.9m, up 39% on €63.4m last quarter and up 62.5% on €54.1m a year ago.

Full-year revenue was €268.8m in 2018 (exceeding the guidance of €260m). This is up 17% on €230.4m in 2017, or up 40% organically excluding the €38.8m from the atomic layer deposition/chemical vapor deposition (ALD/CVD) product line (for memory chip applications) that was divested at the end of 2017.

In particular, equipment revenue grew by 18% from €188m to €221.8m (remaining 82% of total revenue), while sales of spare parts & services rose by 11% from €42.4m to €47.1m (18% of total revenue).

Of equipment revenue, the proportion from metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) systems for manufacturing optoelectronic components (i.e. lasers and solar, excluding LEDs) rebounded from 25% to 66% (growing from €47.8m to €147m), driven by strong demand for vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs). Despite continuing strong demand for red-orange-yellow (ROY) LEDs and specialty LEDs, systems for producing LEDs fell from 42% to just 16% (from €79.1m to €36m). Systems for manufacturing power electronics fell from 11% to 8% (from €20.4m to €18.2m).

Source: Semiconductor Today LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment